PriestsIt is the Funeral Director’s predominant role to make all the relevant arrangements prior to conducting the funeral on the day.
The Funeral Director works with the Priest to ensure that any special requests
(e.g. music, flowers, photos, candles)
by the family is available in time for the funeral service.
The Funeral Director will discuss with family members whether an audio visual presentation is an option & arrange for collection of photos & music to be used.
The Priest is ultimately responsible for what happens in the funeral ceremony itself.
This usually involves working with family members to plan:
- The format of the funeral service.
- Deciding who will deliver the eulogy-family members or a close personal friend.
- The selection of music, reading or poetry for the service.
- The use of other symbols such as candles, flowers and photos as required.
- Discuss whether an order of service is required.
For Help or Advice on arranging funerals, Please call our free call funeral line.
Please phone our 24 Hour Free Call Assistance 1800 012 011.